OTP Group – information to business partners
OTP Group – Actual information and precautionary measures
due to COVID-19 situation
We would like to reassure you that as a responsible service provider, we pay attention to the interests of our customers and their families, as well as to the safety of our colleagues (along with their family members) and our branches. In view of the COVID-19 coronavirus disease, reducing the health risks related to our customers entering the bank’s branches is of key importance in terms of the operation of OTP Bank. Due to the state of emergency declared by the Hungarian government, we encourage our customers to use electronic channels (Internet bank, mobile banking, ATMs) for managing their finances, and for purchases to use their bank card or mobile phone instead of cash.
In order to protect other customers and our colleagues, only a limited number of customers may stay in the branches at the same time. The number of customers in the branch cannot exceed the number of branch employees working at the counters. We have installed transparent plastic walls on the counters to protect our employees in branches.
OTP Bank made several provisions to manage the current situation in the most efficient way as possible, and to respond to emerging challenges in a timely manner. The most important ones are the following:
- Placing disinfectants in branches and office buildings, more frequent cleaning service
- Preparation of a pandemic protocol
- Supporting, introducing, and recently expanding work at home in all suitable jobs.
- Strict entry rules restricting access to office buildings to prevent infection
- All merchants are asked to regularly disinfect their bank card terminals.
- Reviewing business continuity plans and preparing for potential site loss
- Prohibit official travels, use of electronic channels instead
- Employees must undergo mandatory home quarantine (home office / holidays / downtime) following private travel anywhere abroad
- Continuous information, education among colleagues, within the whole of OTP Group, description of precautionary measures through internal electronic channels.
- Creating an information email address where colleagues can ask questions
- Postponing/cancelling major events
- Participant number restriction/postponement of educational courses, meetings, etc.
- Continuous monitoring and analysis of developments
- Creation of a working group especially dedicated and responsible to manage and control measures and information distribution related to the situation.
As you see, we do our best to prevent our customers and colleagues from the impacts of the crisis. We assure you, that we are still available on our channels, and we are still at your service any time.
Should you need further information or have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us. We are available at our contact details included in the attachment.